- Eligibility: Applicants must hold or be qualified to hold at least the "A" certificate issued by the State Department of Public Instruction, Raleigh, North Carolina. The "A" certificate must be based upon at least a Bachelors' degree in education.
- Licensure: Applicants are responsible for obtaining a North Carolina teacher's license and filing it with Human Resource Services. Applicants still in teacher training should check with their college education department concerning licensure. Out-of-state applicants should contact the Division of Teacher Licensure, State Department of Public Instruction, 301 North Wilmington St., Raleigh, North Carolina 27611, regarding licensure to teach in the area of the application. More information can be found at NC Public Schools - Employment.
- Transcripts: You should request your college or university send a copy of your transcript to Human Resource Services. Both undergraduate and graduate transcripts are desired. Beginning teachers should file a supplemental transcript after requirements for the degree are met.
- References: Your application should include the name, position, complete mailing address, and work and home telephone numbers of at least three references, such as principals and supervisors, who have first hand knowledge of your professional preparation and competence. References such as relatives are not acceptable.
- Application folder: Your application folder, when complete will contain the following:
- A completed official online application
- A photocopy of your teacher's license
- A copy of your NTE, PRAXIS, or other state required test scores
- A photocopy of your college transcripts
Mail the completed Application Folder to:
Edgecombe County Public Schools
Attn: Human Resource Services Department
P.O. Box 7128
Tarboro, NC 27886