Edgecombe County Public Schools participates in E-Verify to electronically verify the employment eligibility of all its newly hired employees.
In 1996, Congress passed the Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act (IIRIRA), which required the Social Security Administration (SSA) and U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), formerly the Immigration and Naturalization Service, to initiate an employment verification pilot program. Under the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services operates the E-Verify program, previously referred to as Basic Pilot. E-Verify is an internet-based system that implements the requirements in the IIRIRA by allowing any U.S. employer to electronically verify the employment eligibility of all its newly hired employees.
Below are posters that provide more information about the E-Verify system and 'Your Right To Work".
Right To Work Poster
Right to Work Poster
Requirements and Process
- Both Certified and Classified applications are available online through NC Public Schools Online Application System
- If you have never submitted an application through this site before, select New User
- Complete the required New User / Login registration information
- Your registration will be confirmed with your user name and password
- Select Create Application
- You will be required to sign on; Please use your user name and password from the registration process
- Select the appropriate application type (licensed, classified, bus, or substitute teacher); You may submit one application in each category
- Complete the required information; Please note, there are several screens to complete in each application
- On the Application Information page, please make sure that you select the Edgecombe County Public School System as your site preference
- All classified documents should be mailed to:
Human Resource Services - Classifed Employees
Edgecombe County Public Schools
412 Pearl St.
Tarboro, NC 27886
- Teacher assistant applicants must provide a two year degree and/or proof of completion of 48 semester hours
- If you need assistance with your online application, please contact Libby Whitehurst at (252) 641-2624 to schedule an appointment